Permanent – Full-time
Earthco Soil Mixtures is Ontario’s leading soil supplier and manufactures over 200 soil mixes for the landscape contracting industry. Its team of specialists provide soil consultation, mix design, supply and service, ensuring consistent specifications and timely laboratory results. As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Earthco is poised for significant growth. The Greater Toronto Area’s landscape will be reconstructed over the next decade, placing a strong demand on soil supply, service and expertise; Earthco Soil Mixtures is strategically positioned to contribute to and facilitate this exciting transformation.
Soil has become increasingly complex and state-of-the-art, and high-performance soil mixtures are in high demand. Earthco is seeking a passionate, outgoing, energetic Jr. Soil Specialist to work closely with the Sales Manager and Product Specialist. This position has the potential to advance to a leadership role to facilitate Earthco’s strategic growth.
Work closely with external industry clients and internal Operations and Dispatch departments to produce the highest level of service, consultation, and mix designs.
- Ensure superior quality control of soil products through sample collection and laboratory testing
- Generate new clients and manage existing customer accounts through relationship building, site visits, quoting and tendering
- Provide consultation and guidance to Landscape Architects
- Quote municipal tenders in a timely manner
- Design and price custom soil mixes
- Prepare work estimates including products, materials, equipment and resource requirements
- Develop new soil mixtures and products to maintain Earthco’s competitive edge
- Oversee and rectify issues related to quality and/or service
- Develop relationships with suppliers and create mutually beneficial partnerships to secure competitive rates for raw material supply
- Provide consultation and expertise to internal Sales and Operations staff
- Promote the company through speaking engagements at industry conferences and involvement in local business organizations
- Create Sales and/or Quantize Reports as requested from Senior Management
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Education in the field of Agronomy or soil science is required.
- Demonstrated skills in time management, planning and organization
- Focused on delivering high levels of quality with respect to work and service to internal and external customers
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with stakeholders
- Develop and manage business plans as well as budgets
- Proven strategic thinking, analytical and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for working effectively with internal teams and external customers
- Negotiate with professionalism, tact and diplomacy
- Well-developed problem solving and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight job/task deadlines
- Working knowledge of all the Company’s products and service offerings
- Solid business acumen and strategic business sense
- Able to operate a motor vehicle
Contact information: MirellaB@GandLgroup.com