Area of Focus:
Medical Cannabis Production
Based out of Markham or Bradford, Ontario
Voted Top Licensed Producer at the 2017 Lift Canadian Cannabis Awards, MedReleaf is an R&D-driven company dedicated to innovation, operational excellence and the production of industry leading, top-quality cannabis. Sourced from around the world and carefully cultivated in one of two state-of-the-art ICH-GMP and ISO 9001 certified facilities in Ontario, with a third facility currently in development, a full range of premium MedReleaf products are delivered to the global medical market. We serve the therapeutic needs of patients seeking safe, consistent and effective medical cannabis and provide a compelling product offering for the adult-use recreational market.
MedReleaf places a high value on maintaining an exceptional corporate culture, high levels of employee satisfaction as well as a great overall work experience for all of our team members. Our employee satisfaction rate is over 90% with an extremely low employee turnover rate. Join our amazing team and help improve the lives of our patients today!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Plant Health Activities:
- Continuously monitor the crop to ensure optimal plant health and productivity.
- Coordinate timely & effective pest & disease control measures as required.
- Communicate and escalate all issues with a crop and/or the production process to all the relevant parties as required.
- Recommend, perform and coordinate corrective actions such as the removal, isolation or destruction of plants.
- Coordinate with the Irrigation Team to collect and interpret fertilizer concentrations. Take necessary actions to adjust fertilizer levels.
- Coordinate and participate in cultivation related activities such as stock plant maintenance, cloning, plugging, crop maintenance, harvesting and cycle turnover.
- Must adhere to MedReleaf’s SOPs and comply with Health Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR). In addition, must adhere to ISO 9001:2008 requirements.
- Ensure crop growth specifications are acceptable by meeting or exceeded the company’s goals and objectives.
- Coordinate daily activities to determine opportunities for improvement in productivity, efficiency and quality.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure timely & effective operations, including facility maintenance.
- Train, coach, manage and empower production staff.
- Provide fair and balanced performance feedback to staff on a regular basis to encourage and motivate a positive workforce.
- Openly and honestly communicate with all employees to build trust and effective teamwork.
- Encourage employee involvement to achieve shared organizational objectives.
- Participate as required in MedReleaf’s Joint Health and Safety Committee.
- Recognize unsafe conditions and practices, and make corrections to prevent injuries and product loss.
- Support by completing safety inspections on the production area as well as being involved in incident investigation and inspection programs.
- Position details and activities may change from time to time in order to meet operational needs.
- Where applicable, must adhere to MedReleaf’s SOPs and comply with Health Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR). In addition, must adhere to ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management System), ISO 14001 (Environment Management System) and OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series).
- Where applicable, promote and maintain GMP requirements. • Where applicable, must adhere to MedReleaf’s SOPs and comply with Health Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR). In addition, must adhere to ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management System), ISO 14001 (Environment Management System) and OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series).
- Where applicable, promote and maintain GMP requirements.
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary degree in Agriculture/Horticulture is an asset.
- Previous greenhouse experience is required unless the candidate has an Agriculture/Horticulture Degree
- Previous experience in a similar role is required
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
- Knowledge with climate control systems (Priva, Argus or Hoogendoorn)
- Excellent time management, leadership, decision making, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to achieve objectives.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate to excellent computer skills in MS Office
MedReleaf thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted. Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code , MedReleaf will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. Medreleaf will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process. MedReleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.