B.Sc. (Agr.) University of Guelph;
M.Sc. University of Guelph;
Ph.D. University of Kentucky
The genetic improvement of perennial forage crops with particular emphasis on the application of biotechnology within conventional breeding systems.
A Hitchhiker's Guide to Statistics in Biology: Generalized Linear Mixed Model Edition (AbeBooks.com)
Bowley, S.R. 2015. Plants et al. Inc., Guelph, Ontario
This book covers statistical methods for the plant sciences and is designed for graduate students and researchers. Fixed and mixed effects models and analysis of Gaussian and non-Gaussian variables are covered. The text covers the various designs, models, and analyses used by biological researchers. The experimental data and worked examples have been provided for the various designs and methods of analysis. The examples were chosen to reinforce the basic principles, detail the methods of analysis, indicate how the assumptions can be tested, and the results interpreted. The SAS® coding to perform the analyses and relevant sections of output for each of the examples have also been included. Available from the author or from AbeBooks (search for author: Bowley, Stephen)
- Failure to converge, now what? [pdf, 9 KB]
- Multiple means comparison letter codes-Proc Glimmix & Proc Mixed pdmix800.sas (Saxton 2003) pdmix800 Help file [pdf, 18 KB]
- Adjusted Rand Index adjrand.sas (von Borries 2008)
- Genotypic & Phenotypic Correlation gencorr.sas (Holland 2006)
- Mantel Test mantel.sas (Piepho 2005)
- Meta-analysis meanes.sas (Wilson 2005)
- Yield-Stability Statistic ge.sas (Cotes et al. 2002)
Download a zip file containing all of the SAS Macros here.