Premier's Research Chair in Biomaterials & Transportation
Dr. Mohanty has a joint appointment in the School of Engineering, Thornbrough Building, University of Guelph
- Natural Fiber Composites and All Green Composites
- Nanostructure Controlled Bioplastics and Hyperbranched Polymers
- Nanocomposites (Polymer-clay and Polymer-Carbon Nanotubes) and Nanoblends
- Functionalization of Carbon Nanotubes and Clays
- Renewable Resourse-based Biodegradable polymers (Polylactides, Polyhydroxyalkanoates, Cellulose esters and Starch plastics)
- Petroleum-based Biodegradable Polymers (Aliphatic Polyesters and Aliphatic-aromatic Copolyesters)
- Polytrimethylene Terephthalate (SoronaT) based Composites, Blends and Nanocomposites
- Reactive extrusion, Injection Molding, Thermoforming and Co-Injection Molding
- Soy-based Bioplastics (Soy oil-based Thermoset Resins and Soy Protein-based Thermoplastic)
- Polyols from Plant Oils and Biobased Polyurethanes
- Biobased Polyesters/Epoxies and their biomaterials
- Biodegradable Polymers and Sustainable Packaging
Biofuels, Biorefinery and Sustainability
- Value-added Applications of Downstream Co-products from Dry-milling Corn Ethanol Industries e.g. Distillers' Dried Grains with Solubles (DDGS) and Carbon Dioxide as Biocomposites, Bioadhesives and Biochemicals
- Value-added Applications of Corn Gluten Meal (Co-product from Wet-milling Corn ethanol Industries) as Biodegradable Plastics and Biocomposites
- Value-added Applications of Coproducts from Soy Biodiesel Industries e.g. Soy meal and Glycerol as Biodegradable Plastic, Biocomposites and Biochemicals
- New Uses of Lignin and Residual Biomass from Cellulosic Ethanol in Value-added Applications
- Pretreatment of Biomasses for Biofuels
- Sustainability Issues of Biofuel Industries and Biorefinery
For further information please visit:
Ogunsona, E.O., M. Misra and A.K. Mohanty. (2017). Impact of interfacial adhesion on the microstructure and property variations of biocarbons reinforced nylon 6 biocomposites. Composites Part A: Applied Science and Manufacturing. DOI: 10.1016/j.compositesa.2017.03.011.
Pin, J.M., M. Misra and A.K. Mohanty. (2017). Green design of nanoporous materials and carbonaceous foams from polyfurfuryl alcohol and epoxidized linseed oil. Materials Letters. DOI: 10.1016/j.matlet.2017.03.058.
Behazin, E., M. Misra and A.K. Mohanty. (2017). Sustainable Biocomposites from Pyrolyzed Grass and Toughened Polypropylene: Structure–Property Relationships. ACS Omega. DOI: 10.1021/acsomega.7b00122.
Nagarajan, V., A.K. Mohanty and M. Misra. (2016). Perspective on polylactic acid (PLA) based sustainable materials for durable applications: Focus on toughness and heat resistance. ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering. DOI: 10.1021/acssuschemeng.6b00321.
Yuryev, Y., A.K. Mohanty, M. Misra. (2016). A New Approach to Supertough Poly (lactic acid): A High Temperature Reactive Blending. Macromolecular Materials and Engineering. DOI: 10.1002/mame.201600242.
Anstey, A., S. Vivekanandhan, A. Rodriguez-Uribe, M. Misra and A.K. Mohanty. (2016). Oxidative acid treatment and characterization of new biocarbon from sustainable Miscanthus biomass. Science of the Total Environment. DOI: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2016.01.015.
Reddy, M.M., S. Vivekanandhan, M. Misra, S.K. Bhatia and A.K. Mohanty. (2013). Biobased plastics and bionanocomposites: Current Status and Future Opportunities. Progress in Polymer Science. DOI: 10.1016/j.progpolymsci.2013.05.006.
Mohanty, A.K., M. Misra and G. Hinrichsen. 2000. Biofibres, biodegradable polymers and biocomposites: an overview. Macromolecular Materials and Engineering. DOI: 10.1002/(SICI)1439-2054(20000301)276:1<1::AID-MAME1>3.0.CO;2-W.
For a complete list of publications please visit the Bioproducts Discovery & Development website: