Join the Plant Agriculture family at the College Royal Exhibit as we showcase the great things we do in our department.
March 16 & 17, 2019
Crop Science Building, rooms 116 & 117
- Weeds group with live weeds and flowers display teaching about weeds and helping kids plant flower seeds in agar dishes to bring home
- Corn group with a display of corn in various stages of growth and with the popcorn machine
- Beans group with a display of beans in various stages of growth, bean kits to take home, bags of beans and recipe flyers to take home as well
- BDDC group with a display of plants they use to make the products which will also be on display
- Wheat group with spring wheat growing on display along with cat grass kits and an interactive display on what makes good soil. Kids will have an opportunity to make their own edible soil using different coloured jelly beans
- Taste soy milk made right in front of you
- Light and growth display with tomatoes
- Turf club will have real turf and a putting green. They will also have a display on the benefit of turf
- A central activity table for children with educational activities in a free colouring book
- Candy floss machine and a poster showing how candy floss comes from plants with students from the Soil & Crop Club making and giving out the floss.
- Junior Farmers club with an interactive display on what plants go into making a pizza
- GRIPP (TBC) will have a display of different plants and what they do to preserve endangered plants
- Prize draw for tickets to the Royal Ag Winter Fair, Canada Blooms, Ripleys Aquarium and the Toronto Metro Zoo