Area of Focus:
Are you a farmer without the farm? MacKellar Farms have an opportunity available for an experienced, independent person with the motivation to operate and manage the speciality crop portion of our business.
We are looking to hire an operations manager to handle all production responsibilities. You will work closely with the owners and grow with the company. Responsibilities include:
- Planning and managing field crop production
- Managing and operating a processing facility
- Handling capital projects and facility upgrades
- Managing the harvest activities
- Supervising seasonal employees
- Communicating with growers and partners.
MacKellar Farms has a large, well established, family farming business located near Alvinston Ontario; our focus is on commercializing new value-added crops and food products. Our farm has modern equipment and facilities with a supportive team atmosphere.
- Farming experience – with a passion to treat our farm like your own
- Proven ability to initiate and complete projects in a prioritized fashion
- Experience managing capital projects such as equipment upgrades
- Mechanical competence
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- A “get stuff done” attitude
You Might Also Have:
- Experience with food or grain processing
- An understanding of speciality crops and markets
- Post-secondary education
- Knowledge or experience managing logistics
- Customer service experience
We offer a competitive salary, Friday afternoons off during winter months, and a rewarding new agricultural business to be a part of.
If you are interested in this position please forward your resume to Jacob MacKellar, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Operations Manager Position” in the email subject line.