Area of Focus:
Cultivation of Medical Cannabis
Manager, Cultivation, Bradford
Based out of Bradford, Ontario
MedReleaf Corp. is a Canadian owned and operated company licensed by Health Canada for the production and distribution of Medical Cannabis. We operate from our state-of-the-art production facility in Markham, Ontario where we are setting The Medical Grade Standard ™. MedReleaf is the first – and only – ISO 9001 certified cannabis producer in North America, and the largest volume provider in Canada. Through tireless clinical research, and in concert with the Canadian medical community, we are dedicated to leading the way in the discovery of medicinal and therapeutic benefits of cannabis, and to sharing this knowledge with the world.
At MedReleaf, the Manager of Cultivation, Bradford is a key player in our organization. You will be responsible to ensure the organizations performance standards are met through various growing and plant health activities. This includes but is not limited to stock plant maintenance, cloning, irrigation, pest control, climate control and the scheduling of propagation.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work closely with area leadership to cultivate high quality product as well as to ensure crop growth specifications are acceptable by meeting or exceeding the company’s goals, objectives, and KPIs.
- Communicate and escalate all issues with a crop and/or the production process to all the relevant parties as required.
- Recommend, perform and coordinate corrective actions such as the removal, isolation or destruction of plants.
- Monitor daily activities to determine opportunities for improvement in productivity, efficiency and quality.
- Along with the IPM team, coordinate timely & effective pest & disease control measures as required.
- Organize and coordinate with the Irrigation Team to ensure irrigation systems are running as intended, collect and interpret fertilizer concentrations. Work with Cultivation Science team to adjust fertilizer recipes.
- Work closely with Processing to ensure the production plan is maintained and adjusted as needed.
- Responsible for scheduling crop cycles, plant maintenance, cloning, plugging, harvest and crop work.
- Where applicable, must adhere to MedReleaf’s SOPs and comply with Health Canada’s Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR). In addition, must adhere to ISO 9001:2008 (Quality Management System), ISO 14001 (Environment Management System) and OHSAS 18001 (Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series).
- Promote and maintain GMP requirements within all areas of Cultivation.
- Actively and proactively engage in the ongoing management and improvement of MedReleaf’s quality system.
- Maintain good communication with Cultivation leadership of other MedReleaf sites and ensure improvement efforts are pushed forward.
- Establish, manage and report optimization projects as approved.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure timely & effective operations, including facility maintenance.
- Train, coach, manage and empower cultivation staff.
- Provide fair and balanced performance feedback to staff on a regular basis to encourage and motivate a positive workforce.
- Openly and honestly communicate with all employees to build trust and effective teamwork.
- Encourage employee involvement to achieve shared organizational objectives.
- Recognize unsafe conditions and practices, and make corrections to prevent injuries and product loss. Work with area supervisors to help maintain a hazard free environment.
- Support by completing safety inspections on the production area as well as being involved in incident investigation and inspection programs.
- Position details and activities may change from time to time in order to meet operational needs.
- Other duties as required
- Physical effort is required, lifting, pushing, and pulling.
- Temperatures range from 20 degrees Celsius – 30 degrees Celsius.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and after hours as required.
- Must be comfortable working at heights
- Post-secondary degree in Agriculture/Horticulture or relevant experience is required.
- Must have experience managing/supervising a team of 15-25
- 2-5 years of commercial greenhouse experience is required.
- Experience with commercial plant propagation is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to achieve objectives.
- Previous supervisory experience is required.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office
- Excellent time management, leadership, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
- Must pass a background check.
- Knowledge with climate control systems (Priva, Argus or Hoogendoorn).
MedReleaf thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to continue in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, MedReleaf will accommodate all applicants with disabilities to the point of undue hardship during the recruitment and hiring process. Accommodation will be provided upon request and in accordance with the principles of dignity, individualization, and inclusion. Medreleaf will work cooperatively, and in a spirit of respect, with all partners in the accommodation process.
MedReleaf is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, race, citizenship, ethnic origin, place of origin, creed, disability, family status, marital status (including single status), gender identity, gender expression, receipt of public assistance (in housing only), sex (including pregnancy and breastfeeding) or sexual orientation.